Dear Green Level Students & Families, September 2023
My name is Rebecca Craig and I am the theatre arts teacher and director here at Green Level High School. I’d like to start by inviting you, or your student(s), to audition for the cast of our spring 2024 musical, The Lightning Thief! Before auditioning, here are some important things to note.
What does the cast do?
In short, they are the performers! The cast ranges from the ensemble to the leading actor. Together they work to bring the show to life.
- Friday, February 9, 2023 at 7 pm
- Saturday, February 10 at 2 pm & 7 pm.
- Monday-Friday from 2:30-4:30 pm, November 6, 2023 - January 12, 2024
- Monday-Friday, from 2:30-5:30 pm, January 16-February 22, 2023
- Wednesday, January 24, 8 am-2 pm
- Saturday, February 3 from 8 am-3 pm,
- Monday-Wednesday, February 5-7 from 2:30-7 pm
- Although the final rehearsal schedule will not be released until all cast and crew conflicts have been collected, this will be our general schedule.
- Monday, October 30, 2023
- Only one time slot needs to be attended!
- Thursday, November 2 from 2:30-4:30 pm
-The callback list will be emailed to all auditioners by 10 pm on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- Not all auditioners will receive a callback and that is okay! It does not mean you have not been cast, just that we do not have any more questions about your abilities.
How to audition!
- Complete the online audition form BEFORE arriving at auditions. You can find the form online at glhstheatre.weebly.com → Productions & Clubs → Spring 2024 Musical→ Cast Auditions.
- Complete the physical Cast & Crew Contract and Tech Release Form and submit BEFORE the audition. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO AUDITION WITHOUT THESE FORMS!
- Prepare two of the songs provided on the Cast Audition page.
- At the audition itself you will sing your chosen song and participate in a dance call, so be sure to bring clothes you can move in!
Parent/Guardian Meeting & Volunteering
- If your student is cast and accepts their role, there will be a mandatory parent/guardian meeting on Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 5 pm virtually via Google Meet link.
- At least one parent/guardian from each family will either volunteer to work on the production for 4 hours OR pay a $150 fee to the Fine Arts Boosters. Volunteer opportunities and fee payment will be discussed at the parent meeting the first week of rehearsals
For this particular production, there will be a limited number of students accepted for the cast. This is a learning experience and we want everyone involved to learn, grow, and have fun! I strongly encourage you and your student(s) to read through our casting policy posted on the theatre website!
I am so excited for the opportunity to be working on this show with your students! If you have any questions feel free to contact me with the information below.
Green Level High School
Theatre Arts Teacher & Director